Maui homes priced $600,000 and under has seen the most activity in 2015. It continues to be the hottest price range. However the price category could actually be $800,000 and under and still be very active(depending on condition of home and neighborhood). Maui’s median single family home as of this writing is $630,000 which is a plus +9% change year-to-date. But for this blog I will stick to the $600,000 and under range due to your requests. All list prices and availability are subject to change.
Top 5 Home Buys on Maui 600,000 and Under
- 2780 Hana Highway. Haiku, Maui. Listed at $585,000! Great home located very close to world class surf and beaches. In good condition and ready to take on a new owner. Ocean views. Plantation bungalow style with open floor plan and plenty of windows for natural light. Land is 13721 sq. feet. Plenty of room to garden! This home feels spacious and wonderful warm feel due to design of the kitchen with plenty of counter space and all the windows! House is part of a 3 home CPR’d plan. Home is set up and back from Hana Highway which creates privacy. Partially fenced. This is a MUST SEE. Easy to see. Call today 808-276-1832. Listed by Maui Real Estate Advisors, LLC. Jeannie Kong R(S) and Trish Allen R(S) who is related to the sellers of this property. Go to http://www.2780HanaHwy.com
2) 302 Kama Street. Wailuku, Maui. Listed at $595,500 Nicely updated kitchen and bath. In a convenient centrally located area of Maui. This home is the newest home on the list. Recently built in 2016. Ready to go!! Listed by Valencia Properties.
3) 4264 Hana Highway. Hana, Maui. Listed at $375,000. Single Family and detached Cottage on acre of land. This is Hana so quite far from town. Property needs TLC but for someone who has the will and vision and funds to bring this property up, it could be a great deal! Listed by Shore to Shore Realty, Inc.
4) 72 Kawailani Circle. Kihei, Maui. Listed at $580,000. Desirable neighborhood of Kihei. Conveniently located to schools, shopping. Upgraded appliances. The downside is that is may get some highway noise due to its proximity. Some homes get more highway noise than others along this street, just depends on the size and topography of the buffer zone. So depending on the acquisition price, its on the list due to desirability of neighborhood. Listed by Fine Island Properties.
5) 2811 Liholanai. Pukalani, Maui. Listed at $589,000. Located Upcountry on Maui, weather is bit cooler. Nice for people who prefer to have more temperate weather. Nicely updated kitchen and bamboo flooring. Close to many of the private schools of Maui. This is a residential condo. Near Pukalani Golf. Listed by KW Island Living.
Criterias I use to consider what homes make it on the list. Obviously,the list is subjective. Beauty is in the eye of beholder. However being in the business for years one gets the nose for a good house and good deal. I look for neighborhoods that many buyers prefer or are up and coming areas. I look for condition of the home (of course you would always want a professional reputable home inspector to fully inspect the home as I am looking at the home at a cursory level and am not a professional home inspector). If the home is in bad condition it could still be a great deal due to what can or is built on the land relative to it’s price. This can be especially good for buyers who have building experience or love to re-design and patience to see it through. Never overlook the power of “elbow grease and sweat”to create great equity. There are many other factors but those are the main ones. $600,000 and under price range on Maui is a challenge. Many homes in this price range can be in very bad shape and priced too high relatively so therefore I found, what I consider, the gems!
Call me with any questions you may have. I am having a HOME BUYING WORKSHOP-STEPS TO SUCCESS. At this workshop,we will also go over the new housing developments on Maui. Meet lender and escrow for questions. FREE AT MAUI COUNTY BUSINESS RESOURCE CENTER (Maui Mall) this FRIDAY, FEB. 19 FROM NOON-1;30 PM. CALL ME TO SIGN UP. 808-276-1832
Mahalo and happy house hunting!
Jeannie Kong REALTOR®(S) 808-276-1832